Over 11,000 trees were chopped down in course of the implementation of two hydropower projects in Sankhuwasabha, the district in State 1. Such a number of trees were felled for the implementation of 900-megawatt Arun III hydropower project and 220-KV Koshi corridor transmission line. The trees were being managed by 18 community forest areas. Earlier, the Council of Ministers had agreed on the removal of over 14 thousand trees of community and private forest areas for the construction of projects. The Arun III’s dam side is based in Phyaksinda of Makalu rural municipality-5 and its power house is located at Diding Pukhuwa of Chichila municipality. According to construction company Satluj, 6,294 trees were cut there. The Arun III has used 44.18 hectare of forest area owned by the Makalu National Park.
October 22, 2020
August 10, 2018
- The National Police Academy project to be built with India grant have Ground breaking completed
- 9th meeting of the Joint Committee on Water Resources and 7th meeting of the Joint Standing Technical Committee are wrapped
- Actress Mamata Pradhan honored
- Shilanyas of a Motorable Bridge over Mahakali River
- Indian Army Chief Pande hands over military equipment to Nepali Army