First Gautam Buddha Cup T-20 Cricket Championship has kicked off in Chitwan. The open and ward level cricket tournament is being held at the under-construction Gautam Buddha International Cricket Stadium at local Rampur of Bharatpur Metropolitan City-15. The cricket tournament has been organised in support of the construction of the stadium. The tourney was opened by national cricket team former skipper duo Raju Khadka and Binod Das on Thursday. Khadka batted while Das bowled in the inauguration. Addressing the inaugural mprogramme, Khadka said that it was necessary to organise this type of tournaments to produce talented players from the ward level itself. Das said Bharatpur would be the hub of national and international cricket once the construction of the Gautam Buddha International Cricket Stadium was over. Twenty-eight teams from the metropolis are participating in the tournament. The winners of the championship will go away home with Rs 100 thousand cash prize and a trophy while the first runner-up team will get Rs 50 thousand and trophy.
June 22, 2018
May 20, 2018
- Speaker Sapkota urges people to limit festival among family members
- Vice President urges all to observe festivals with precaution
- Celebrate Dashain from where you are: PM Oli
- President’s call to celebrate Dashain following social distancing
- Health Minister urges everyone to celebrate Dasahin maintaining safety